Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I purchased an minivideo camra ST6000 Vl.00 pen, turned it on and then turned it off, and plugged it into my usb port, and now I can't bring it up for import and see video.  My HP says the software is all installed and device us ready. 

How do I get to see what is on my mini video camera, and can it be recorded and saved on my HP Paviliion 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please open Windows (or File) Explorer, open it (it should be seen as a drive like flash/USB key) and you can move, copy files from it to your computer like the way you do with any external drive.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I did not find find a flash drive usb looking symbol when I entered explorer, where is it listed and then what do I do, I have Chrome as my default browser also, and I am running Windows 7

HP Recommended

My problem is that I can open the pen device ST6000 V1.00 to see anything to import or copy into my computer, what is wrong.

HP Recommended

Correction, I cannot open the pen device  ST6000 V1.00 even when it is in my usb port, and the driver and software is installed in my computer.    I can seem to locate the software, where did it get installed and how can I find it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Looks like it is a very old device. Please try driver from Microsoft

http://driverlibs.com/download/ST6000--DEVICE-V1.00-USB-Device

Since it is very old, I don't know it works with newer OS or not.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Does it show in your device manager?  If so go to where you can see all your drives, for example windows C, DVD drive, removeable drive, etc.  The removeable drive is for your camera.  Click on it to open the drive, This is where your recorded files should be.  If none are there then you either did not record anything yet, or you did not press the right button to record., This is where you can see each file you recorded.  If you do not see this device then, ii might not be installed, or your system can not read your device.  Try to unplug the camera and plug it back in and see if your system will load the device, and files.  Also your device might not be charged while you were trying to record.  Most of them have to be charge before they will work, look at the mode you have it set in.  But all in all if the device does not load when it is plug into your pc then that means that your pc does not know this device has been plug in.  Also in your device manager check the device and see if you need update drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.