Try perform a Hard Reset
1. Disconnect all external/peripheral devices. Also remove all USB devices and media/memory cards.
2. Disconnect the AC adapter, remove the battery and then press and hold the power button for at least 1 minute.
3. Add battery and reconnect the AC adapter, press the Power button and check buttons again.
If the issue persists, please provide us the complete model of your system along with the operating system, so that we can assist you in a better way.
How to locate model number:
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)