Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m6 convertible

I just recently got my computer in August. I'm not sure what the cause of the problem is because its never been dropped or had anything spilt on it. The problem is hard to explain but often at random times my computer screen, whatever is pulled up will start bouncing around or moving by itsself, zooming in and out and little dots will show up that look like there is pressure on the screen. it happens sometimes in the middle of writing a paper or sometimes just right when i turn the computer on wheather its plugged into the charger or not, wheather im using the touch screen or mouse and wheather im connected to wifi or not. when this happens i cant move the mouse or click anything i usually just restart the computer. while this is happening, almost always a page pops up from the Hp support assistant but im not sure what to do.I brought ot to best buy, , the store where it was purchased, i showed them videos of what was happening they said theyve never seen that before. but they said id have to pay almost four hundred dollars to fix it and they didnt know what was wrong with the computer. They told me to update all the software and i did thet yet nothing has changed.  Any advise woud be helpful. Thankyou.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @el61397, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand the screen on your PC is flickering and making you unable to use the PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned in the post you have updated the software but the issue still persists.

Try performing a hard reset on your PC and check if it helps.

Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
If your notebook is listed in the table, use the instructions specific to your computer. For all other notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot screen flickering issues.

Please let me know the outcome.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.