11-18-2011 04:57 PM
The lights turn on and the caps lock and scroll lights blink on and off. i dont know whats wrong but its keeping me from doing my assignments.
12-21-2011 07:01 PM - edited 12-21-2011 07:02 PM
RAM stands for Random Access Memory or memory board. Here are some screen shots on how to remove them.
Navigate to memory boards in the left column. Let me know if the link does not work, it's from here.
Remove the top one and try boot with only one, if no success remove the bottom one and replace it with the top one in the bottom slot. The two wooden sticks on the screen shot are used to push the locking tabs aside and the RAM will flip up for removal. Only touch it by the edges and don't touch the contact points.
Also remove the adpater, battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds before removing the RAM.
Make sure you are statically discharged before opening the cover by first grounding your self on a metal part of an electric stove for example.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)