Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

my grandson pressed buttons when I was on phone-now I cant enlarge the screen Its full height but approx 2 inches narrower either side

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please try changing the resolution. Maybe it reverted to a lower one.

On Desktop, Right Click, go to Screen resolution, and select the on which you need.
Assuming a normal notebook, the recommended resolution would be 1366x768. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Please try changing the resolution. Maybe it reverted to a lower one.

On Desktop, Right Click, go to Screen resolution, and select the on which you need.
Assuming a normal notebook, the recommended resolution would be 1366x768. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
all sorted thank you x
HP Recommended

My pc screen is half page. Has not been this way.

HP Recommended

Solution did not work for me.  Still need help.

HP Recommended

Hello JeriPWright. I understand you are witnessing errors with your screen. I would love to help! To do this, I require the exact error, and the following information:

1. The computer model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

2. Your operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?

4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?

Please respond as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

when online everything comes up very small  have to use touch screen on laptop to make big enough to read.  just started doing this.   when online i do not have a full screen icon

HP Recommended

Re: my screen is smaller than usual how do i get full screen-windows 7

HP Recommended

Well, I had the same problem.Nothing helped. In anger I shook my computer. Lo & behold my screen became normal.After ten minutes it became small again. I shook the Pc again & after the screen enlarged I kept an half inch book below the Pc 7 the problem never repeated again.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded a game called Nanny Mania and it comes with a website . The website is called MyPlayCity . I played a bit and after I pressed ESC . It got to my normal desktop , but the whole screen was smaller than before . I have tried everything but it is still small . Please help meeee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.