Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 12
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, after an unsuccessful attempt of HP chat support on this issue, I've decided to post my question here.

I have bought two pavilion x2 12, both worked perfectly, until today I found one of them cannot auto rotate.

Known:

1. Both PCs undergone same driver update and installed same software.

2. There is no sensor in device manager

3. The other pavilion works.

4. There is no auto rotate option in action center and settings

Done:

1. Installed latest drivers(especially the intel integrated sensor solution twice)

2. Updated BIOS nunerous times.

3. Reseted twice, all data wipied

4.. Tried to add the same sensor in hardware manager.(Looked up sensor of the working pc in device manager and install legacy  hardware in problematic pc, resulting This device cannot start. (Code 10) Failed to open lower target for IO handling)

Any ideas?

I think cloning  the working one's hdd to problematic one may works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After downgrading the intel integrated sensor solution driver, the sensors pops up in the devicr manager. Auto rotation back online.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

After downgrading the intel integrated sensor solution driver, the sensors pops up in the devicr manager. Auto rotation back online.

HP Recommended

This is what helped for me and my HP Pavilion X2 model 12-b104nc (I spent couple of days to find solution without any success, so I tried myself):

Get to Device Manager and delete following (with driver removal if applicable):

Standard device HID / Device I2C HID (all of them)

System devices / Intel® Virtual Buttons

System devices / Intel® Integrated Sensor Solution

Software devices / Lightweight Sensors Root Enumerator

Sensors / All items there

And do Windows reset

Hope it will help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.