04-29-2011 01:08 PM - last edited on 04-29-2011 01:20 PM by MrMatthew
My laptop is one year old.
Serial # [Personal Information Removed]
Product # WQ131UA#ABA
About a week ago my screen turns pink ea day. I have tried to restart to see if this help. The screen turns pink for a few hours and then turns white. It goes back and force.
Can you help me?
04-30-2011 12:26 AM
Connect an external monitor and see if it occurs simultaneously with both. At this point it may be a frayed and shorting display cable or the display itself is gone.
Did you happen to notice any updates that came that coincided with the problem, this is probably not the cause, but it's best to rule out anything before assuming it's a hardware problem.
Also, is the laptop getting hot when this happens ? Have the air vents been blocked off through out it's life and/or used in a dusty environment ?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)