Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When using programs like Google Chrome, the text appears fuzzy/blurry (best description I can give) whereas when using MS Office products each font has a very distinct clean edle. Is this something unique to the 13 inch display? Is there as a setting I'm not checking? In addition, this happens with all pop-up screens regardless of program. 

- all updates installed

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did you find a solution to this problem? I had fixed it with some settings changes but then I had to exchange the notebook for a new one, due to other issues. Now I can't seem to remember exactly what I had done that fixed the issue. 

HP Recommended

I'm just learning to live with it. But in all honesty, had I known about this, would have never bought this computer. 

Blurry: 
1. Google Chrome

2. OS Popup Message / Print Dialogs

3. Some non-MS Office software

Cleaner:

1. Mozilla / Explorer 

No Problems / Clean:

MS Office Suite 

HP Recommended

My Google Chrome has always been perfect on the x360. I've installed it now, 8 times on fresh installed Windows 10 x360. Are you on an upgraded to Windows 10 x360?  

HP Recommended

SOLVED:

I've been living with the same blurry/fuzzy resolution ever since I got my laptop back in June. On a whim I decided to search the web for any fixes and I stumbled on to this forum. Since there were no posted fixes/solutions I tried again to adjust the display settings again and finally found a fix! Here are the steps I took:

On Windows 10 Home Edition

-Go to Control Panel (right-click the start icon on the taskbar and select 'control panel' on the list)

-If your Control Panel is not already fully displayed, click 'View by: category' toward the top-right corner of the screen, select large/small icons, either one is up to you.

-Next Click 'Display'.

- Under the paragraph titled 'Change size of items' click 'set a custom scaling level' underlined in the paragraph. I noticed that mine was set at 150%. I decreased it to 110% and then logged out as prompted.

-When I logged back in everything on the screen was scaled down and blurry/fuzzyness was gone!

Hope this helps someone out there.

UPDATE: You can also adjust the Display by going to 'Settings' then 'Display' and adjusting the slide bar in the middle of the screen to change the size of display items. This option doesn't give you as much finite granular control of the scaling as does going through the Display settings in Control Panel.

Cheers

HP Recommended

You've saved me at least an hour with your response. thx it's all bright and clear now

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.