Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant lists an update available for "HP Pen Control". The update downloads, however the installation process had been up for about half an hour without completing, before I gave up. I have tried rebooting the machine and trying again, with no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update, Problem Solved

In HP Support Assistant - About - Check for Latest Version:

Update to version 8.4.14.41 to solve these issues.

Hope this helped,

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended
Hi,

What is the full model name, product number of your laptop?

HP support assistant software is sometimes glitchy. I'll suggest you to uninstall current version and reinstall latest from here: http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Did you see if any latest updated version are there in your support page for HP pen control?

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  The Pen still works fine but the upload is not working.  The error triangle is annoying so I want to resolve it. 

HP Recommended

Spent about an hour with the help desk and they had to manually install the pen update.  They said there is an HP Support Assistant fix for this being worked on right now.  Said it should be resolved in about a week.

HP Recommended

Thank you for interacting with the help desk, Richard79, that sounds promising.

Visruth: thank you for the suggestions. I have not tried reinstalling the Support Assistant yet. Although based on Richard79's post, I think I'll wait until the new HP Assistant is ready. As for what model of computer I'm experiencing this on, it is listed in the first post's header: HP Spectre x360 15.

I did try something which progressed further than before, but I don't know if it worked or not. It did go through an installation process, but then a popup came up asking if the installation was successful, so I checked the box stating that I am unsure. For the record, here's what I did:

1) I ended the process named "setup.exe", as well as some other setup process whose name I can't recall. These processes had stuck around despite rebooting the machine.

2) I renamed all “sp#####” folders in C:\SWSetup.  If this is attempted without doing [1] first, then the OS complains that the files are in use.

3) I then ussed HP Support Assistant to try to install the “HP Pen Control” update by clicking the blue install icon. I did NOT use the checkbox + “download and install” button, because the blue-button approach had gone a little further in past trials. this will launch a separate installer.

Looking at HP Pen control, it lists its version as 2.0.0.20, with a 2016 copyright.

I gotta say, I'm excited to see if my earlier pen adjustable offset request was implemented. 😃    Probably not, but one can dream.

HP Recommended

I am having the  same update issue with the HP Pen Control on a brand new Spectre X360.  THe Intel Serial IO Driver does not install either.

HP Recommended

Greetings @Boggswade,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums. 

I understand that you are looking for assistance with HP Pen control and Intel Serial IO driver is not getting installed on your computer. 

May I know the exact product number of your computer? Click here

I have brought your issue to the attention of the concerned department within HP and I will revert back to you within 3 business days. 

Will keep you posted. 

Thank you. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues. HP Pen control and Intel Serial IO driver is not getting installed my your computer (HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX)

HP Recommended
Y5W39AV_1
HP Recommended

Update, Problem Solved

In HP Support Assistant - About - Check for Latest Version:

Update to version 8.4.14.41 to solve these issues.

Hope this helped,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.