Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks. I've updated HP Support Assistant, and now it isn't listing any pen update as being available. Perhaps my earlier attempt to install it was successful.

Al-Spectre-x360, I presume that you've installed the pen update? May I ask what version of "HP Pen Control" is on your system? Mine is 2.0.0.20

HP Recommended

Correct, 2.0.0.20

HP Recommended

Thank you, I went ahead and marked your answer as the solution.

HP Recommended

I have this version of Support Assistant, and these updates still don't work.  I tried downloading them as well, and they still dont work.

HP Recommended

I had to get on line through chat and have the technician manual load everything for me.  The HP Support version that corrects this problem hasn't been released yet, as far as I have heard.  Maybe sometime this week?

HP Recommended

Richard 79,

Did you update to HP Support Assistant Version: version 8.4.14.41 and was not able to install the Pen Control update 2.0.0.20?

How did the technician istall for you?

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same exact problem.

Have updated to Support Assistant Version 8.4.14.41 and the Pen Control update will not install, it sits at 100% progress on the installation bar but nothing happens.

I have a Spectre360 x15, had it for a week and the first update cycle is stuck.

I haven't tried to uninstall the Pen Control app yet, I was hoping for a HP driven fix not a work around.

GGP.

HP Recommended

I got on line through HP chat, gave him control, and he manually installed the updates.

I believe they are having trouble with a conflict between HP Assist and Windows 10.

It took about 30 minutes on chat but the guy on the other end was very polite and helpful.  Since then, I haven't had any problems and the pen is working very well.  Not as responsive as the pen for my Surface but still, its a nice extra.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what the tech did but I believe he had to uninstall HP Assist, clear my BIOS, reload my BIOS, install the updates, and then reinstall HP Assist.

But I was watchig re-runs on TV while he was doing it, so I wasn't paying that much attention.

HP Recommended

My HP Support Assistant is at that latest version level.  However, a new version of the HP Pen Control was released and the Support Assistant alerted me.  I tried to download/install it, but it hung during the install.  Actually, I believe that it installed, but the Support Assistant did not know it.  After looking at several complaints people had regarding this issue in the past, I decided to do what one of the support agents did for a client, install it manually.  I did that and it appeared to install.  Oddly though, the install program never tells you it is done.  That's probably why the Support Assistant hangs.  A second odd thing is that my WebRoot firewall caught HP Pen Control.exe trying to access the internet.  I decided to let it.  Is this correct behavior of that software?  The version of the latest HP Pen Control is 2.0.0.21

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.