11-23-2012 01:05 PM
HP Pavilion dv6, win7 64bit, core i5, 8GB ram.
new hi speed USB 2 camera. Installed directshow, installed camera and drivers (all off disc), will not work (properly)
Everything I look at tells me its working (device manager, software, etc) but it quite simply isnt. Supplier believes a conflict somewhere on the system, so disabled onboard webcam, enabled background services, he even sent me a USB2.0 repeater cable (just in case), all to no avail.
same install on unbranded desk top, pentium II, 4GB ram, windows XP home, worked first time.
Installed on friends Toshiba, core i3, 4GB Ram win7 64bit laptop, worked first time.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)