09-26-2011 05:41 PM - edited 09-26-2011 05:46 PM
Unless it's a HDX 18 or HDX 16 then it is unlikely that HP has made a backlit keyboard that will work in what ever laptop you have. There are others, but I can't really help you with out a specific model number.
If you go to your support page, type in your model number. Find "Manuals" if a back lit keyboard is listed for you model in the Maintenance and Service Guide, then you can have a back lit keyboard.
The Keyboards are very model specific, you can not substitute one for another. The location of the ribbon cable on the back is always in a different location and simply can't be exchanged.
What's your full model number ?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)