Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook PC 15-d035dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently spilled water on my keyboard.  Two diagonal rows of letters/numbers do not work:  1,Q,A,Z and 3,E, D, C.  Tried taking apart as much of the case as I could, (no visible water inside) and blowing warm - not hot - air as far in as I could.  No help.  Any ideas on the problem or the cure?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Augustus1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about spilling water onto your laptop and wanted to help.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: You Just Spilled Water Or Coffee On Your Laptop - Here's What You Should Do

However, if those don't get everything working again, then the water did some permanent damage inside the laptop and the only way to correct that is to take it to an HP Service Center to have them disassemble it, run diagnostics, and see what needs to be repaired or replaced. 

Here's some information on the Service Centers:  HP Notebook PCs - Using a Certified HP Service Center to Repair a Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.