11-10-2011 05:22 PM
Hi, it's my first time here and I am sure hoping to find some help. I've had this laptop a few years, and the built in webcam worked just fine through youcam (I never tried it through any other program).
I discovered last month that although youcam would open just fine, it said I had no webcam. I checked imaging devices under device manager, and sure enough, no web cam is listed. In searching the internet, one suggestion was to update my youcam. I found a "patch" on the HP website, but when I used it, it uninstalled my youcam, but wouldn't reinstall it because it said that no webcam was detected.
I have since downloaded what is supposedly the webcam driver (sp34746) for my model, but the problem is still not solved. In opening that, it said that it had installed my web cam - yet it still hasn't shown up. In the meantime, I downloaded what looked to be a free youcam to replace what I'd lost, and now I'm stuck with a trial version (soon to charge me) of youcam5.
This is just getting worse and worse! Has anyone been able to resolve when you laptop suddenly says it doesn't have a webcam, when it clearly does?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)