09-22-2011 03:46 AM
Hi, when switching on my laptop after shut down screen is white and purple/pink blodges start to appear on the screen.
these get darker the longer the laptop is on. you can here the windows loading up the but the screen stays the same.
why would this happen and what is the solution
I would recommend you to update the BIOS to the latest version using the software and driver download page on hp.com.
Also go through the following document about common notebook display issues and you will be able to isolate the issue:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)