09-30-2011 12:58 PM
Try the following.
First, download the Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
When the download has completed, close all browser windows and run the uninstaller. After this has completed, restart the notebook.
Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.
Launch Firefox and see if the videos play Ok - if they do, close Firefox, open IE and click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component. When done, restart IE.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
06-17-2012 02:23 PM
I solved this by: Clicking on Tools/Internet Options/Programs/Manage Add-Ons
Find the Flashplayer that you have downloaded and click to ENABLE it.
Click CLOSE and then OK on next dialogue box. Hope this works for you.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)