Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

how can I switch on the wireless function????  it used to work but now is amber color . can I get the steps to reset this thx

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Is there a button im supposed to press on a HP 6730 to get the wireless light from amber to blue ..I cannott establish a connection?

HP Recommended
Normally the wireless light is the button and all you have to do is press it to turn it off (amber) or on (blue).
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
My laptop HP 6730b is not responding when i press the amber button to turn on the connection ,what could be the problem?
HP Recommended

The answer for me turned up in the HP Wireless Assistance. 

1) Open HP Wireless Assistant and select the "Properties" setting. This opens a "Settings" dialog box.

2) Select the "Independent Controls..." button, then "Apply"

3) This adds an "Action" field in HP Wireless Assistant for the wireless network card.

4) Select "Turn On" in the Action field.

That's it! Amber light turned blue and everything is back to normal. I attached images for reference. 

What surprises me is that after reviewing 10+ blogs and HP's support, I did not see any mention of this approach.  I hope it helps others; I was getting frustrated and ready to replace the network card.

HP Laptop Wireless Assist1

HP Laptop Wireless Assist2

HPDV2000Step3.jpg

Regards
Rajan
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Please give a clear steps on how to arivve on the HP wiress assistant , am trying to locate it with my hp 6730 and am not in a position to locate it.
HP Recommended

Please follow the link which will help you to install and locate on your PC

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01667669

Regards
Rajan
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Dear Rajaran the link you have provided above is empty , please check it and send it again. Please.
HP Recommended

Please check with the below link and i have also pasted the document, revert back for any clarification 

http://www.support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01667669

HP Notebook PCs - Installing and Using HP Wireless Assistant (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

This document pertains to HP and Compaq Notebook PCs with Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
The HP Wireless Assistant monitors the connections to the notebook's wireless card or cards, allowing you to manage wireless local area networks (WLAN), wireless wide area networks (WWAN), and Bluetooth wireless devices using one graphical interface. The HP Wireless Assistant displays the status of all the wireless devices allowing you to enable or disable all or some of the wireless devices. This document describes how to install, configure, and use the HP wireless Assistant. A list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) is also provided.
Figure : HP Wireless Assistant
HP wireless Assistant screen

Installing HP Wireless Assistant
The HP Wireless Assistant is pre-installed as part of the standard HP image for both Windows 7 and Vista operating systems, and is available for Windows XP. If it was removed or the operating system was changed, HP recommends that it be reinstalled along with the latest version of the wireless network device drivers for your model and OS.
Regards
Rajan
I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.