Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

While trying to connect a peripheral bluetooth device as a mobile phone or tablet,it become discovered by the laptop but the system(win 7 32 bit) says it needs troubleshooting.

On performing the troubleshoot,the system tries to update the driver an finally says:

"Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver not found"

What is the solution??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please try this:

To work around this issue, follow these steps:

1. Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for Services. To do this in Windows Vista/W7, click Start, typeservices.msc in the Start Search box, and then click Services in the Programs list.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
    To open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for Services in Windows XP, click Start, click Run, typeservices.msc, and then click OK.
  2. Double-click the Bluetooth Support service.
  3. If the Bluetooth Support service is stopped, click Start.
  4. On the Startup type list, click Automatic.
  5. Click the Log On tab.
  6. Click Local System account.
  7. Click OK.
  8. If you prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

1. Click the Start button, type device manager in the Search box, then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand Unknown Device, right click on Bluetooth Peripheral Device, then click Update driver software.
  3. Click Browse my computer for driver software, then click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  4. Select Bluetooth radio from the list. Under Company name choose Microsoft Corporation, then under Drivers, choose the latest version of Windows Mobile-Based Device Support.
  5. Click Next. If any warnings should appear, click Ignore, then when prompted, click Finish.
  6. Restart your computer.

If that still does not work Do the following Driver Updates

• Also find out the wireless card on your notebook and update the drivers for that too.

Hope this helps.

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but the issue is still not fixed :indifferent: ..I also tried a program called program identifier and it discoverd the problem and recommended me a driver from hp official website :sp63811 and it added additional bluetooth drivers and that of peripheral device also failed

HP Recommended

Please try this:

To work around this issue, follow these steps:

1. Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for Services. To do this in Windows Vista/W7, click Start, typeservices.msc in the Start Search box, and then click Services in the Programs list.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
    To open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for Services in Windows XP, click Start, click Run, typeservices.msc, and then click OK.
  2. Double-click the Bluetooth Support service.
  3. If the Bluetooth Support service is stopped, click Start.
  4. On the Startup type list, click Automatic.
  5. Click the Log On tab.
  6. Click Local System account.
  7. Click OK.
  8. If you prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

Thank you very much .. it worked best .. I typed services.msc in start menu search >>>>>>selected Bluetooth services>>>>>> selected automatic instead of manual >>>>>> turned adaptor on on both devices >> windows started to update drivers >>>>  and finally Peripheral device installed+some other drivers >> Really thank you and God bless you :womanvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I did exactly these procedures and they did not help. Although  W7 is now able to recognize the device(it could not prior to doing these procedures) labeling it correctly as  SY-BT Headphone,  still it cannot find and therefore cannot install driver to it.

My pc is Pavilion dv7-2173cl with W7 Pro 32-bit.

Please note that my old OS (Vista Home Premium 64-bit) had no problem installing driver to this device. Now that it's been upgraded to W7, it's been all problems. This is but only one of a few.

HP Recommended

Hello typo3,

I understand you are having issues with your Bluetooth Peripherals Devices not being found. I would like to offer my assistance in getting this resolved. If you could try the following steps to see if you Windows 7 will recognise your Bluetooth device:

Step 1. Go to device manager
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

I hope this resolves your issue if not please re-post and I will look into additional steps to take. Thank you for posting this on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

sors

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.