Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p035nd Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Actions taken before posting:

- updated Bluetooth Driver via 3hp.com support

- several reboots

- disabled + enabled bluetooth hardware

- several doublechecks of correct functioning bluetooth devices next to laptop: both work and pair with eachother but not to my Pavilion

- checked compatibility bluetooth: it should be compatible as one generation lower/higher should always match, so I found on the internet ( 3.0 for both devices / 4.0 for my laptop )

Bluetooth on my laptop does not work because two devices (in paired or unpaired status) closely put next to my laptop won't be found as I search for devices via "Devices and Printers" + "Add a device". Bluetooth is enabled via "Pc Settings" + "Airplane mode" where you can toggle Bluetooth on/off.

Would you please support me and provide me of a tip of something I haven't tried yet? Thanks for reading my post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In Regedit ( via Windows + R button ) I set the value to 1 in the Bluetooth folder ( hkey current user / control panel / bluetooth - Notification Area Icon + rightmouseclick + Modify )

In Regedit (Win + R) I set the value from 6.3 to 6.2 ( hkey local machine / software / microsoft / windows NT / current version - Current version + rightmouseclick + Modify )

+ Restart

Result:

My laptop CAN find devices ( other laptop + mobile phone ) now but not the device I want it to find. Since it is technically working I suppose this thread could be closed as I can not be sure at this point that my Pavilion isn't working properly. All steps I took combined could definately be useful to others though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have also performed the Troubleshooting function. Result: "Hardware changes might nog have been detected

HP Recommended

I have also checked "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC"  via "Bluetooth Settings" in the "Control Panel". No luck.

HP Recommended

Allthough my phone can find my Laptop now and Pair.

But the bluetooth speaker ( the device I really want to pair ) can't actively search and pair to my laptop and my laptop won't find the bluetooth speaker.

HP Recommended

In Regedit ( via Windows + R button ) I set the value to 1 in the Bluetooth folder ( hkey current user / control panel / bluetooth - Notification Area Icon + rightmouseclick + Modify )

In Regedit (Win + R) I set the value from 6.3 to 6.2 ( hkey local machine / software / microsoft / windows NT / current version - Current version + rightmouseclick + Modify )

+ Restart

Result:

My laptop CAN find devices ( other laptop + mobile phone ) now but not the device I want it to find. Since it is technically working I suppose this thread could be closed as I can not be sure at this point that my Pavilion isn't working properly. All steps I took combined could definately be useful to others though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.