Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

D3,

Great News!  You are most welcome.

I am glad it is fixed!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

hi dragon ,

its me again , i updated BIOs but after that, i t5ried to send something but the  bluetooth  is missing cant click the icon of the bluetooth and i even re-intsaled  the broadcom driver.  the way i follow your instructions when u helped me fix the bluetooth thing last week  but it says " no bluetooth is detected"  . please help thanx again. sorry for my bad english

HP Recommended

Hi d3,

I am sorry you are having problems again.  It makes me sad. 

Reinstalling the drivers once or twice should be enough.  I don't think it needs more than that.  Something else must be going on...

You may have a hardware issue.  The Bluetooth card may be at fault: not fully seated (stuck in place properly), actually failing, something else - maybe in conflict with another device...

The setup file (link below and in the previous post) is pretty specific... there is really not much else I can add to it as far as "how to make Bluetooth devices work".

Setting Up Bluetooth Connections with Windows 7

=======================================================================

What is Running?

There is another possibility:  Your Bluetooth services may not be running properly.  This is hard to check on your system - things are already not working as they should so what is running, or not running, is suspect.

Start > search / type "resour" > Click on "Resource Monitor

(You may also Right-Click and Send it to your Desktop as a Shortcut if you like)

NOTE:  You can also get to the Resource Monitor from within the Task Manager.

Once you have the Resource Monitor running,

• Look at the Overview Window at the CPU Panel
  • Click on the word Image (to sort the processes by Process Name)
  • Scroll down to processes beginning with BT*

You are looking for some or all of the following processes as shown in this graphic:

Bluetooth_Processes.PNG

=======================================================================

Kick It!

You could try a Hard Reset on your computer.  IF the issue is one of having the device disconnecting from the Device Manager, then the Reset may kick it back so it works again.  I am not at all positive this is a "Hard Reset" kind of a problem - the symptoms are pervasive and repetitive.  Nonetheless, here is the procedure for you to try; it won't hurt anything and it may solve the problem.

Hard Reset:

Sometimes all you need to do is kick the computer.  This method works for a variety of connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.

• Disconnect all external devices first.
  • Remove AC power and the battery
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reinstall only AC power for first startup ** See Note
  • Power on - Log in
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.

** Note:  If time is short, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.

Reference:

Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues

==========================================================================

What Next?

If this fails to fix it...

My advice to you is to Call HP. 

• The computer is new from what you say... 
  • The problem won't go away. 
  • It is time to find out why the issue is not solved using the tools and techniques available. 
  • It is time to make sure something is not just broken.

=========================================================================

I am not trying to "bail out".  I am concerner that there may be something wrong with either what you are doing that I cannot see from so far away (and cannot fix), OR that there is something broken that needs repair.  When you talk to a Repair Technician, he or she can help you one step at a time and help you decide what to do to really fix this.

I hope this helps!

Good Luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you appreciate the Help you receive…

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You"!

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer: 

Please Mark my PostAccept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you receive.

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

lol  to be honest  i regret purchasing HP coz ever since i bought this laptop it gives me hard time.  I just used the laptop for almost 2 weeks after i posted here and it crushed . so i brought it back and they said it was a manufacture error. they gave me a new laptop same model and this bluetooth thing again is the problem but thanx to u. i just  followed the same instructions u gave me  and its okay now jezz lol. but hey how come  when i am talking with a friend in skype who is using HP mini i couldn't hear him with his headphone off? and when he is on head phone and he's playing music on the laptop the sound comes out only in the speakers and not in the headphones. i posted a new topic about this problem  last week but nobody post a reply. thank u so much.

HP Recommended

D3wB3rry,

Glad you are again successful with fussy Bluetooth!  Smiling.

Well, you are in company with Bluetooth troubles.  I think it is not only HP that has Bluetooth adventures; buying something else may not have saved you.  Bluetooth is maybe touchy.  I don't use it all the time; I am not the best judge.  Mine works when I need it most of the time.

I found your other post and will try and answer the sound question there.

When you appreciate the Help you receive…

Please Click the Kudos Star on the Left to say "Thank You"!

Is it Solved? Make it easier for other people to find the Answer: 

Please Mark my PostAccept as Solution” to say "Yes!"

Remember:  The more information you provide, the better help you receive.

Always Include:  (Computer) Product Number  ,  Printer – Model Number ,

Operating System and an Error Description

Never give out your Serial Number

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Bluetooth problem on my new HP Pavilion G Series laptop and really need help

HP Recommended

Hello sarasweet75,

I see that you are having a problem with the Bluetooth on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

What kind of problem are you having with the Bluetooth?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

hai, i really need help. my  HP Pavillion dv3500 have problems with the bluetooth. i can't switch on my bluetooth. so, i can't using wireless and transfer my files within bluetooth. 

HP Recommended

good day

pls u cant send to me bluetooth drive

thanx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.