Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Bingo!

Thanks very much indeed Paul.

All the best.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

Enjoy your new notebook.

HP Recommended

Sir, i have Hp pavilion g6, from last night my internet is not working, The network adapter is in the device manager. i have tried to install the network adapter driver but says that the Hardware is not found. plz help..

HP Recommended

Hi:

Just follow the instructions I posted earlier to post the hardware ID code so I can see what model network adapter you have in your notebook.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I have the same problem.I recently changed my OS from linux Suse to windows 7.when I was using linux everything was fine,but when I changed the OS to windows 7 the wireless button is orange and on device manager under othe devices it shows Ethernet controller, Network controller, Generic Bluetooth Adapter  and PCi device all with a yellow exclamation. Please see the hardware ids

Ethernet Controller

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_3674103C&REV_06

Network Controller

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_1461103C&REV_01

PCI drivers

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_3674103C&REV_01

Generic  Bluetooth Adapter

USB\VID_03F0&PID_311D&REV_0001

HP Recommended

Thanks a million Mate,The drivers u proposed are absolutely brilliant.cheers

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Ken.

HP Recommended

Good Day Paul,

Product Name: Hp Pavilion dm4 1165dx

operating sytem : Windows 7 64 bit

Error messages : None

ANy Changes: hibernate the sytem

Problem: I was using my system 3 days bak n i dd hibernate it for a while, since then my wifi wont turn on, i tried restarting sytem many times, tried hp wireless support assistant ( no wireless devices found) , I ran intel Pro set/Wireless tool did diagnost on the same it gave an error on first check ie harware... saying Driver doest not support intel pro set....... , i cant turn on wifi either from my wifi button it stays orange all the time. Pls answer this problem in layman language as i dont know much about setting and all , I will really appreciate your answers 

I dont see any yellow caution mark on my realtek pci e GBE family controller inside network adaptors

Thank you

Ankit

HP Recommended

Hi, Ankit:

That sounds like a very tough problem to try and fix over the forum.

Did you try running the system restore utility?

Please see this link below and see if running system restore works.  Pick a restore point to a time before you had the problem and see what happens.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

If that doesn't work, I think  your only other choice is to back up your files and do a system recovery to factory specs.

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.