Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I really need some help. I have had this problem a couple times, and each time I had to restart my entire computer and reinstall everything before I could connect again. The computer has no problem connecting with a cable, but it says it can't find Wi-Fi. I would really love to avoid restarting and restoring the computer for a fifth time if I could. I don't know the specifics of the computer, I think it might be a 14z Touch...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ImpossiblyOswin,

Here is an HP support document Troubleshooting Wireless Networks and Internet with a number of troubleshooting steps to try including the built in Windows troubleshooter. That information you provided was what I was looking for. When you mention reinstall in your first post what are you reinstalling?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi ImpossiblyOswin,

Welcome to the HP Community, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I will be happy to help you with problem connecting to the wireless network but I will need more information to be able to do that. Let me start by getting your operating system and the product number for your notebook. In your Device Manager what do you have listed under Network Adapters? Do you have this issue just on your home network or other networks as well? If you have only tried with the one network take to a friend's, work or a coffee shop with free wifi so we can eliminate your network as a problem. Do you ever get an error message at all?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your help BHK6,

My Pavilion TS 15 Sleekbook is currently using Windows 8.1 and the product number is E0K23UA#ABA. I am unsure if this is what you mean by "Network Adapters" but under the section by that name in my Device Manager I have listed "Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter" and "Realtek PCle FE Family Controller". I never get any error messages, and it's not just my home network, this has happened to me when I am at school and at home.

Thanks again for your ongoing help.

HP Recommended

Hi ImpossiblyOswin,

Here is an HP support document Troubleshooting Wireless Networks and Internet with a number of troubleshooting steps to try including the built in Windows troubleshooter. That information you provided was what I was looking for. When you mention reinstall in your first post what are you reinstalling?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for directing me to that page! It worked and now I can connect to WiFi networks again! Thank you so much! I tried that page before, but I guess I just wasn't looking at the right things. When I meationed "reinstall" I meant restoring the PC back to, basically, factory settings. There is the option that lets me keep all my files and everything, but I would have to reinstall a lot of my other applications, games, etc. I was just trying to avoid that.

HP Recommended
Hello, I'm having the same problem with my HP Pavilion G60, NM345UA#ABA please help I've finally got the wireless hardware enabled but its not reading my new network.
HP Recommended

Hi @RuztyB

Welcome to the HP Forums! I see that you are having some wireless problems. Did you try the link my post that was marked as a solution? Is it just your new network you are having problems with? Can you connect to a neighbor's network or your work network? What do you have listed in your Device Manager under Network Devices?  What operating system are you using?

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
yes i tried all of those things. my hardware is working but it still will not even read the new Network or any other.
HP Recommended

Laptop won't recognize any available wireless networks to connect to

HP Recommended

Can you please tell me what you found when you used that link?  I'm having the same problem, and when I used that link it just went to the main HP support page... I typed my problem in and found NO help at all.

Here is my problem... My HP Pavillion PC tablet (laptop) is not recognizing ANY wireless networks.  It used to be I could click on the wifi symbol in "settings" and see any wireless networks...but now I don't even see  WIFI symbol!  It's all gone.

Please help.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.