Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi 

I have going up the walls the last week, have spent days trying to fix the below problem!

Basically just moved house and got Eircom broadband installed, my girlfriends laptop connected automatically, whereas my Compaq CQ60 Presario Notebook WindowsVista will not connect.

I have checked so many different forums trying to fix this problem, but to no avail im afraid... it looks like there is an excellent internet connection.... but cannot go on the internet because it says "Unidentified Network local access only"

The router I have is "atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi adapter", and the o/s I have on my laptop is Windows Vista 32 bit.

In our previous residence we had UPC broadband, and I had no problems at all connecting.

I have very little knowledge of computers, so appreciate your kind patience in advance

Would very much appreciate if someone might be able to help me out here!

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Install this driver and you should be fine.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

The wireless card in your notebook is notorious for not being able to connect to the internet with newer routers.

Paul

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

Install this driver and you should be fine.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

The wireless card in your notebook is notorious for not being able to connect to the internet with newer routers.

Paul

HP Recommended

thanks a mill, just downloading that now on another lap top that connects to the net and will try then to open it on my laptop.

will let u know how i get on....

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully the driver update will work as it usually does.

HP Recommended
Thanks so much, that worked perfectly! Thankyou!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

HP Recommended

This worked for my HP Pavillion DV9700 laptop too (running Windows Vista)!

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I had been having problems connecting my HP Compaq CQ60 to a new wireless router having moved to a new house last week. Having spent hours trying to trouble-shooting the issue changing settings and the like. I finally logged on using a different laptop and started to read the forum's. As I read this laptop is known to have problems with the software that deals with the wireless connection. I have updated the sofware using this link below:

This was provided to me by Paul Tikkanen what great advice this was thank-you very much. 

This update works, anyone having the same problem as myself please use this link above. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad that driver worked for you too.

HP Recommended

hi 

i have a cq60 company laptop, my laptop is not connect to my wifi.

from the time i bought i am using on bsnl broadband. if i conncect directly tats by internet cable then it works but not on wifi. google crome says it has crashed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.