12-15-2010 03:42 PM
I spent few hours resolving problem with Wireless Assistant on CQ62.
After Windows 7 start, Wireless Assistant need 5 min to start Wireless Card and connect on router.
So I decide back image of Windows 7 to point where I have no installed Quick Launch and Wireles Assistant and use only Windows for managing my wlan card.
1. push F12 (wireless icon) button ( on this model of laptop not necessery use Fn button) to turn on Bluetooth and Wireless card
In my case, BT start and Windows recognise and install BT drivers but on wireless icon stil was red cross
2. Go in control Panel, Network and Shareing, click Change adapter settings, right click disable and enable wireless card
Now in my case Windows recognise card as turned on and ask for new visible networks
If you like control your Wireless card without Wireless Assistant, you can clikc on Start Menu, in search write Windows Mobility Center and right click Send shortcut to Desktop. This is instaled only on laptops as I have no it on PC.
I hope this will help someone .
I use Wireless Assistant on other models without problems but on this it wont work correctly
11-11-2015 11:08 AM
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)