09-06-2010 04:58 PM
I don't know what happen, but when I turned on my laptop my wireless wasn't working. I tryed pushing the wireless icon, it will either say off or disabled. When I try to go in, the wireless is grayed out so I can not turn on. WHAT DO I DO?
09-06-2010 09:48 PM
Check for the following:
1) Check in device manager if there are any error or conflicts reported
2) Check if the Wireless is turned on Windows mobility center
3) Uninstall Wireless Assistant and check if you are able to turn the wireless LED state from Amber to Blue
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
09-07-2010 12:14 AM
Also try this:
Open wireless assistant, click properties icon. Make sure all 4 check boxes are ticked including independent controls for installed wireless devices. If its already checked, try opening Services.msc. Look for wlan autoconfig, stop and restart the service then retry.
03-15-2012 01:37 PM
I am a computer technician in Nairobi Kenya and this problem took me over an hour to fix. There seems to be an issue with the bios of this model. This is how I solved it. If you can only get online using wireless use another computer to download this bios from the Hp Website http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa
02-06-2013 08:08 AM
Here is what i did to fix this. I went in Control panel -> Devices -> WLAN card -> Advanced
And choose activate on all the items.
Voila, no more problems.
06-09-2014 10:33 PM
Since the update earlier in the week my PC Wireless on my Pavilion dv6-2110ax Notebook has been disabled and I cannot turn it on...its showing orange all the time.
I have gone to HP Wireless Assist in control panel however when clicking on this, nothing happens (just stays grey). I have run a variety of diagnostic tools to no avail and also tried some of the other tips appearing in this blog.
One suggestion is to uninstall, however it appears to have done that by itself...any clues or suggestions would be appreciated.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)