Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought notebook HP 250 G4 and when I connect to the Wi-Fi, it's very slow and also shows weak signal, even when near to the router, where other HP computers, even phone with weak antena, have strong signal. I tried updating drivers by downloading the newest from drivers from HP Support Center, but nothing works. Also, when I, for example, play video on Youtube, it's still loading and task manager shows network usage usually under 1 Mbps, only very rarely it goes more than 1 Mbps, even when I've got fast network.

I also used USB Wi-Fi dongle (TP-LINK TL-WN422G), I plugged it in, installed drivers, and it also show weak signal and also slow, but a bit over 1 Mbps, so faster than built-in antena, but still very slow. Because at this place was desktop computer using this dongle and it was fast, so I bringed there my older  laptop (HP Pavilion dv6), plugged the Wi-Fi dongle in, installed the same driver, placed it on the same place and I got strong signal and speed about 20 Mbps without any problems. But when I plug it back into the HP 250 G4, then it again has weak signal and slow speed. But when I'm really close to the router (less than 2 meters), it has full signal and no speed problems.

So there must be some problem with the laptop itself, it looks like the wifi receiver is set to low power by the laptot, because in other computers it work's withnout any problems. Any suggestion what to do?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, I solved it myself, by installing old driver... 😄

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

So, I solved it myself, by installing old driver... 😄

HP Recommended

Which driver did you install?I have the same problem on my g4 250...

HP Recommended

ı have the same problem and would like to solve this problem.. could you tell what was the name of driver you installed?.. or could HP support for my problem????

HP Recommended
I'm not sure, propably
Ovladač řadiče bezdrátové sítě LAN Broadcom 802.11b/g/n Ikona softwaru SSM (System Software Manager) 7.35.317.0 Rev.A
17 XII 2015 45.1 7.35.275.2 Rev.B
27 VII 2015
under network drivers. But there are just 10 of them, so try it.
HP Recommended
Thank you Adam for information.. I have checked The fikre you mentioned and it is for Windows 10 system. I have Windows 8.1. So, ı am not sure if these drivers will solve the problem but I will try it.
HP Recommended

Thank you. That it's key for my problem :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Setkal jsem se stejným problémem. Po instalaci Windows 10, včetně aktuálních ovladačů byl přijímač WiFi velmi málo citlivý a tím prakticky nepoužitelný.
Vyřešil jsem to instalací W7 (64 bit) i s ovladači. WiFi fungovalo skvěle!

Pak jsem provedl upgrade na W10 a WiFi funguje!

Jen nevím, až skončí upgrade na W10 zdarma (29.07.2016), jestli již bude ovladač na WiFi opravený...

HP Recommended

@TomRaptor

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I find it amusing when the problem is to use online translators (incidentally also such use), strictly require English conversation.
Here is a translation of online translators - if poorly understood text, so sorry, because English is not my native language.
"I met with the same problem. After installing Windows 10, including the current drivers WiFi receiver was extremely insensitive Tim practically useless.
I solved by installing W7 (64 bit) is the driver. WiFi worked great!
Then I update to W10 WiFi works!
Just do not know until after the upgrade to W10 download from (29 July 2016), if the driver will already be on WiFi corrected ... "

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.