Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq nc6320
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Brief Question : How to enable wireless connection  in HP Compaq nc6320 ?  

*seems  activity is disabled but the wif card is enabled 

Hi friends,

I have an issue in my HP Compaq nc6320  laptop. I found it long time ago (without Wifi Card)

Recently i got wifi facility. I wanted a wifi card for this & bought a comptible after testing 10-15 cards as the patop says those were incompatile.

I fixed Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG  wireless card & installed the drivers properly & successfully tested the wifi before leaving the sellers stall.

But now it doesn't connect for wifi. when i pressed wifi button no led on. even no activity in wifi icon.

The card is working fine (tested with other laptop)

IS there any special method enable wireless avtivity in this model?

i installed windows 7 twice , but no luck so far.  does my wifi card compatible for this model? if so whi it was working the first time as soon as fixed to the laptop ?can somebody tell me what i have to do for connecting with wifi please?

I can make sure that  wifi driver installation is done correctly.

Thanking you..

Imalka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This laptop has a wireless card whitelist which blocks booting if the correct card is not installed. You must buy an HP Part number wireless card. 

The laptop is 10 years old. This is the only card listed in the Manual for the US. Not sure where you are and that can affect the part number you need but this is the US part:

802.11a/b/g LJ WLAN module for use in the United States and Canada. 407254-001

Here it is on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-Mini-PCI-Express-Card-BCM94311MCAG-407254-001-/221004274059?hash=it...

It has to have the SPS number corresponding to the HP Part Number. I suspect your card is bad and the others you have tried to buy are incompatible so you have to get one like the above if you are in US or Canada. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Did you install the HP wireless assistant and all the security software for that model?

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=1839154&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=2097

Make sure the OS menu is set to Windows 7 32 bit on the above page so you can access all the drivers. 

HP Recommended

Device Manager.jpg

Thanks for the advices, I have installed all of the drivers & applications carefully. but still no luck for eneble wifi.

Here is the imge of device manager 

HP Recommended

Afetr Windows 7  wifi troubleshooting task

What would be the problem? 
Wifi Off.jpg

HP Recommended

It says Wireless capability os turned off.

How to turn on wireless capability on this model? 

Hp cpmpaq 6320?

HP Recommended

Check the BIOS (F10 as you power up) and see if wireless is disabled there. 

HP Recommended

No sir,

Tt is showing in the device manager, Not disabled in bios.

Aslo nothing to change in the BIOS settings about wifi.

May be difference reason.

Help please.... 

HP Recommended

Trying. Can you launch the HP Wireless Assistant? It should give a screen in the lower right that gives the status of the wireless. Have you also tried the keyboard switch for wireless. 

See pages 1-16 and 1-17 of the Manual:

Manual

See item 4 on the keyboard diagram. 

These buttons would not have been active until you installed the HP Quicklaunch and other drivers I pointed out to you. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.

Of course, I tried key board switching & the separate button for om/off wifi (the white led doesn't on when i pressed the button)

The lower right  status of the wireles is disabled

Can you please let me know the correct wifi card model number ?    Exsisting card is Intel(r)pro/Wireless  3945 ABG  (Fixed recently)

Feel this card is not matching for the system even it doesn't give any error or warning message at the start up.

I tried many wifi cards all said not supporting for this system.

Help Help.....

HP Recommended

This laptop has a wireless card whitelist which blocks booting if the correct card is not installed. You must buy an HP Part number wireless card. 

The laptop is 10 years old. This is the only card listed in the Manual for the US. Not sure where you are and that can affect the part number you need but this is the US part:

802.11a/b/g LJ WLAN module for use in the United States and Canada. 407254-001

Here it is on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-Mini-PCI-Express-Card-BCM94311MCAG-407254-001-/221004274059?hash=it...

It has to have the SPS number corresponding to the HP Part Number. I suspect your card is bad and the others you have tried to buy are incompatible so you have to get one like the above if you are in US or Canada. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.