Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy TouchSmart m6 Sleekboo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

"HP Connection Error message: Google Chrome cannot display the web page" has been coming up sporadically and randomly the last couple of days.  No known changes, updates, or new software added recently.  Using Windows 10 upgrade for several months and current on updates.  

It appears that HP Support Assistant is trying to find and fix the problem, but I am hesitant to do so with the warning about bogus HP Support problems.  It seems that could be an open invite to access my laptop should I use it.

Since this message is so random, I haven't any idea of the cause.

Appreciate any help provided.

nick

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hey @nickva0517

Thanks for joining the HP Support Forums! Here you will find suggestions, solutions, and a helping hand! I understand that you are receiving a cannot display the web page error in Google Chrome. 

Generally speaking, browser functionality is a little out of my area of expertise, but I wanted to see if your WIFI works properly for you other than in Chrome? 

I am not sure if this will apply to you, but here is a document that may help: Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

You said that you are hesitant to use the HP Support Assistant. Could you please take a screenshot for me of the screen and I will let you know if it is safe to let it try and fix the issue?

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require assistance in the future with anything else, please just re-post on the HP Forums. 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem for a few months now and have tried various fixes to no avail.

HP Recommended

Hi @PortlandPete,

Thank you for your query. I am glad to be assistance

What is your product or model number? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What operating system are you running? 

I understand that when you use Google Chrome, you will get the HP Connection Manager message that Google Chrome cannot display the web page". You have tried various solutions to no avail.  Are you able to access the Internet? Do other browsers work? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome? Does this occur for all websites or only specific one? Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies in any and all browsers you may have used? here is a link from kickiteasy that will aid with that process. How To Fix “Page Cannot Be Displayed” Error. Any ads on the page are not endorsed by HP.  Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below. 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I, too, have been having issues with HP connection error message.  I have followed instructions on clearing browsing history, cookies, etc. to no avail.  I believe this to be an HP issue since I can connect to ALL websites on my phone using my WiFi connection.  Why has this not been addressed by HP support???

HP Recommended

H @LakeMurray, 🙂

Thank you your your query!

I understand that you are getting an error message when using the HP Connection Manager with Google Chrome. I am assuming that you are also running  Windows 10 as you did not provide your product or model number nor your OS.  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? Do you have any issues when using a different browser? Have you tried uninstalling the HP Connection software and installing an updated version. If you are not using the HP Connection software, you can simply remove it. Are you able to connect to Internet without using the HP Connection software? Have you tried contacting  Chrome Help Center  for assistance. Please let me know how it went.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and I took a screen shot of the page that it shows....the address shows a funky code that doesn't seem legit and I want to make sure if it's legit or not.   I have a Pavilion dv7  it doesn't happen all the time, just every now and then and it's only been the past couple months.  I checked to see if I may have a virus, as I have all the bells and whistles that secures my laptop, and nothing shows anything incriminating.  I don't have any issue with other browsers just Chrome.  I have tried all the suggestions that I have found in this discussion board and so far nothing is fixing this issue...can you tell me if this screenshot of webpage is legit or not and how to stop this from showing up....thanksHP connection error.jpg

KEEPIN' IT KRAZY COOL!
HP Recommended

Is it possible to know the URL address of your issue?

HP Recommended

Can you tesll me the URL that you meet this issue?

HP Recommended

Pretty much every website I log into. My Centurylink webmail. Facebook. MyFitnessPal, local newspapers, Amazon, GMail. All through Google Chrome using Windows 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.