Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-3020en
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP ENVY 17-3020en by bluetooth can not connect headphones, bluetooth driver is installed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

To get the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, follow the procedure mentioned below:

a)    Press Windows key + W, type Devices and Printers in the search box.

b)    Select Devices and Printer from the list.

c)    Right-click on the device icon of the computer name and select “Bluetooth Device.”

d)    In “Bluetooth Settings” window, check “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area”, and then click “OK.”

e)    If the Bluetooth icon is still not found in the notification area, reinstall Bluetooth drivers and check.

Refer to this Microsoft post for assistance and Connect a Bluetooth device article

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums @TaurusX

I see you are unable to pair you a bluetooth headphone with your computer running on Windows 7. Happy to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you to update the wireless driver and Bluetooth driver on your computer using HP Support Assistant.

Make sure the wireless button on your computer is ON and open device manager.

Check if Bluetooth is listed in device manager and is enabled. 

Make sure the Bluetooth headset is not paired with any other device. 

Have the Bluetooth headset off, open the Bluetooth utility and when it is searching for Bluetooth devices, turn the Bluetooth headset ON. 

If the headset is still not getting detected, recommend you to run the troubleshooter from the control panel. 

Refer to this article for other troubleshooting steps. 

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Installed HP Support Assistant updates bluetooth but did not install! I do not have bluetooth even though the original driver (Intel PROSet Bluetooth Driver
v.1.2 Rev. B 144.4 MB Nov 7, 2011) I found!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you to install the driver from Intel website and check. Also, please run the troubleshooter available in the control panel. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Installed, but he found nothing! 😞

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and installing the driver directly from Intel website. Recommend you to unpair the Bluetooth headset, turn the headset off. Shut down the computer.

Turn the computer on. Make sure the wireless button is on. Open the Bluetooth utility, search for Bluetooth devices and during the search, turn the Bluetooth headset on. Check if the Bluetooth headset light is blinking or stable. 

If the issue persists, recommend you to try any other Bluetooth device with your computer and also contact the Bluetooth headset manufacturer for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. Good Luck. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But I'm on my computer did not even find the icon bluetooth!

HP Recommended

Connect with the Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR USB Device Driver

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

To get the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, follow the procedure mentioned below:

a)    Press Windows key + W, type Devices and Printers in the search box.

b)    Select Devices and Printer from the list.

c)    Right-click on the device icon of the computer name and select “Bluetooth Device.”

d)    In “Bluetooth Settings” window, check “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area”, and then click “OK.”

e)    If the Bluetooth icon is still not found in the notification area, reinstall Bluetooth drivers and check.

Refer to this Microsoft post for assistance and Connect a Bluetooth device article

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.