Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 8460p - is there any other way to enable the wireless on an HP laptop?  I've checked the settings, bios and also made sure the wireless card installed in the laptop works. Drivers are installed correctly. When troubleshooting, it comes up with "turn on the wireless". Nothing happens when pressing the button. It stays amber.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey ATL,

I would go ahead and hard reset the computer. This usually resolves issues like this. Here is a link with more information, and how to perform the hard reset: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-e-g-Windows-8/How-to-perfom-a-Hard-Reset-to-resolve-H...

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Sean S 🙂

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey ATL,

I would go ahead and hard reset the computer. This usually resolves issues like this. Here is a link with more information, and how to perform the hard reset: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-e-g-Windows-8/How-to-perfom-a-Hard-Reset-to-resolve-H...

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Sean S 🙂

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hard reset did not help. Uninstall, with auto reinstall, did not work. Is there a switch to turn wireless on or off on an hp EliteBook 8460p? thanks.

HP Recommended

I bought this hp used and just figured out that that wireless icon is a light and a button. By turning the lights off in the room I was able to see that it was lit. I pressed the button and I had wireless. Thanks.

HP Recommended

hard reset is not the proper solution as i have to do it daily 😞

what is the proper solution?

HP Recommended

As mentioned above, my problem solution was simple. I figured out that that wireless icon is a light and a button. By turning the lights off in the room I was able to see that it was lit. I pressed the button and I had wireless. Try it or is your problem more than that?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.