Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Within past week my son's x360 laptop started failing to connect to all Wifi networks, open or encrypted.  Wifi is transmitting because I turned on Wifi hotspot on my phone and it was detected.  Can't restore because he had protection turned off to save SSD space.  Last connection was probably about 4/22/17 when MS KB 3150513 was installed.  So far I have tried to following:

Downloaded updated drivers to flash drive and installed - No Change

Downloaded Intel Drivers for AC7265 and installed - No Change

Uninstalled Device let drivers re-install - No change

Flashed Bios Update from Flash Drive - No Change

Followed HP Wireless networking troubleshooting guide to completion - No Change (Only variance was where after series of netsh commands was only supposed to have Receive Side Scaling Enabled and I had TCP Fast Open also enabled.

Windows network troubleshooter reports that there is a driver issue that it can't fix.

I beat my head on the wall - No Change

Disabled Firewall to verify it wasn't blocking connection - No Change

Any ideas please, he is a college student and I'm his tech support but this one has me baffled.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nevermind, figured it out.  AVG was blocking connection because it was waiting to complete an update, it couldn't finish update because no internet and infinite loop.  Was getting AVG popups to restart to complete update; disabled AVG Filter Driver under networking protocols and boom everything worked.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Nevermind, figured it out.  AVG was blocking connection because it was waiting to complete an update, it couldn't finish update because no internet and infinite loop.  Was getting AVG popups to restart to complete update; disabled AVG Filter Driver under networking protocols and boom everything worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.