08-20-2009 05:28 PM
In case this is of interest to someone, I purchased an HDX 16-1370 notebook pc about a week ago and had troubles connecting to my home wireless network. The connection was tenuous at best and, even if I stayed connected for awhile, the upload/download speed was about 1/10 of what I expected. Even after doing a system recovery (getting assistance from HP tech. support), following various suggestions from this forum, and upgrading the wireless card (Intel 5100) driver, the problems persisted. Finally, I replaced my LinkSys 801.11b router with a LinkSys WRT54GL router and my problems disappeared. I'm a happy camper now.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: HP HDX 16 Wireless Problem Resolved
08-20-2009 11:49 PM
Thank you for the informative post!
View solution in context
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)