03-11-2012 11:28 AM
i have a pavilion g6 and i cannot connect to my home wireless network, the wireless connection light on the keypad does not change color, it just stays orange. There is no issue with my home network, I have other devices on it.
03-12-2012 10:00 AM
You have a hardware issue with your network card which is why the light is orange and you can't connect to anything.
1. Wireless button, key, or switch is in the off position.
2. Card is missing hardware drivers.
3. Card is turned off in the wireless assistant or connection manager.
4. Card is disabled in the BIOS.
5. Card has failed.
07-27-2012 09:27 AM
I will suggest you to try following steps to solve this problem. It solved mine.
- Open Control Panel in your laptop.
- Click on Hardware and Sound
- Choose Device Manager
- Now you have to click on Network Adapters List
- Select your network adapter.
- After that you have to Right Click and Select Properties
- Click on Power Management tab
- Now you have to uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
- click on OK.
03-28-2013 09:53 PM
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)