Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv7.  Product Number WQ641UA#ABC.  My integrated bluetooth stopped working a few weeks ago. It caused an Outlook error which I think disabled the bluetooth adapter.  Yesterday, the HP support assistant recommended a Bluetooth Software upgrade for the Broadcom 43224AG wireless adapter.  Software won't load because it can't detect the Bluetooth adapter.  I don't know how to re-enable the bluetooth functionality.  It is not listed in the either the BIOS or the Windows Mobility Center.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes..seems to be a hardware issue only. Following the manual you can try reseating the Bluetooth card once also.

You can get the Bluetooth card replaced either by calling technical support directly or if not under warranty you can order it online from HP parts store. You can purchase the part by calling tech support also.

HP Parts Store

Enter the serial number and the Product number in the above link and it'll show you all the available spare parts for your notebook. The contact number for parts store is also listed in the link. If the part is not available it'll also show you all the authorized re-sellers in Canada.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check in Device Manager is the Bluetooth device is enabled under network adapters. Check if there is any yelow mark or red x then right click and enable. 

Otherwise you may have to uninstall and reinstall the bluetooth software. Before that download this and check if it helps:

Software Support for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology for Microsoft Windows 7

If it doesnt help then folow the steps in the link below:

Bluetooth Connections with Windows 7

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  The only network devices displayed in device manager is the Broadcom 43224AG 802.11 a/b/g/draft-n wireless adapter and the MS Virtual Miniport adapter. No Bluetooth adapter is present.  Also, the HP wireless assistant shows no bluetooth connection.  It's like the bluetooth capability has just disappeared!  I would start doubting i ever had it except my system does have Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth 3.0 software installed and my Blackberry still shows a bluetooth connection is available for my notebook. 

HP Recommended

Yes,you have Bluetooth on the notebook. I checked your Product Specs.

If it is not a hardware problem then uninstaling and reinstalling the bluetooth drivers and software should help. Also make sure that the this icon glows (Wireless LED)

Follow the steps in this link. It 'll walk you through to perform the exact steps.

Verify the device is turned on and enable HP Network Assistant and Mobility Center

HP Recommended

I think I there must be a hardware problem with the Bluetooth functionality.  When i  bring up HP wireless assistant, it doesn't even show an option to turn a bluetooth device on, only wireless LAN.  So I suspect the bluetooth hardware is broken and reinstalling software isn't going to help.  Do you know if there are any diagnostics to check the bluetooth hardware.  If it is broken, I can replace it accoding to the HP technical manual.  I just don't know how to go about ordering the part.

HP Recommended

Yes..seems to be a hardware issue only. Following the manual you can try reseating the Bluetooth card once also.

You can get the Bluetooth card replaced either by calling technical support directly or if not under warranty you can order it online from HP parts store. You can purchase the part by calling tech support also.

HP Parts Store

Enter the serial number and the Product number in the above link and it'll show you all the available spare parts for your notebook. The contact number for parts store is also listed in the link. If the part is not available it'll also show you all the authorized re-sellers in Canada.

HP Recommended
Thanks! I had my notebook repaired under warranty last summer inlcuding new mother board. It's possible the BT card was not seated properly after. I'll look at it first and then go to the HP parts store. Thanks for your help!
HP Recommended
Somewhat related: HP Parts could not find the BT module (BCM92070MD) I needed, so I ordered one from an Amazon vendor. Now I see several parts available, with or without a black square device in-line with the cable. It might be an on/off switch. Can you tell me if that is what my dv7-6123cl requires, or will accept?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.