Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The other problem with this computer is that it only has 3 usb ports. By inserting a usb wireless network adapter, you take away another port that you really need for something else. This computer should have had as many as 6 usb ports.

HP Recommended

Hey dude i had that same problem .........all u gotta do is replace the power & quick play button ribbons and uninstall the battery report composition in the device manager, take out the battery for a few seconds then place in again and click the scan for hardware changes in the device manager and your laptop will start charging again...............sure fix you can get new ribbons on ebay :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

What model did you use? Im having the same problem.

Thanks in advance for your response!.

**bleep** HP!!!

HP Recommended

Hey, I was having problems with the internal wireless not working. I was wondering if buying a USB wireless network adapter would fix this problem, or is this a software problem that a wireless adapter would not solve?

HP Recommended

for what it is worth, I lost wireless a week ago.  Light was constant orange instead of blue.  just got done with an online chat help from HP, where they had me uninstall the intel adapter from the device manager, and then install this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-76462-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...=

it now works (hopefully for good).  After all the posts about how bad this situation is, I was (am?) doubtful, but so far so good.

HP Recommended

@kraftywells, are you running windows 7?  which operating system are you on.  My friend is having this same issue, he can only plug in the internet but his wireless does not work.  He's running Windows Vista though.

HP Recommended

I am currenlt having the same problem....  and HP is not being helpful.  my screen was showing black yesterday and the wifi has never worked, while my light also stays orange.  last night I fixed the black screen by taking out the battery and hard drive the letting it overheat wrapped in a towel while plugged in to the outlet...  this soldered the video card back onto the motherboard.  and today I bought a wifi card for $10 now I'm wireless.  Sounds better tha giving HP the $400 that they wanted.   as for the battery recall, I was never even notified about this....  and they still won't replace it..   so much for customer satisfaction

HP Recommended

hey im just posting this because i did some more research and it turns out this model is just a bad computer that is broken. 

HP Recommended

Have you checked to see if your model is covered  www.nvidiasettlement.com . You will need full model number and PN from the Service Tag on bottom of laptop to check.

Locating Model Number

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

wireless not working. I can push the switch from off to on and the light stays orange. Is there an easy fix to this. pls help thx.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.