Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The most re cent microsoft service pack is causing the problem. go to your control panel then to unistall programs and then hit the view installed updates tab in the upper left.  look for kb2345886 or the mist recent microsoft service pack. not sp2.  uninstall it and then turn automatic updates off.  you wont have the problem anymore.

HP Recommended

I just recently got a used HP DV6000 from craigslist. i bought it with the wi-fi light orange and a usb wireless stick so i did have internet. anyways i called a friend who knows computers and he walked me through the steps over the phone and it took 10 mins so yeah it is working but the switch appers to be backwards (not a big deal). guess im saying don't overpay and don't download crap.

HP Recommended

wi-fi still workin

HP Recommended

Hi. Would you please tell me how you fixed yours. I am having the same problem with the wireless switch staying orange in on and off and wireless not working. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Can anyone please tell me what a MoBo is?

HP Recommended

Hi.. Did you found out how to fix the problem with the wireless not working? If so, could you please help me.  I'm having the same problem.   Thanks.

HP Recommended

i also have same problems concerning wireless connection, I can push the switch from off to on and the light stays orange. Is there an easy fix to this. I have read most of the post with simular problems and like others so pls reply those who can help us... thank you

HP Recommended

hey

i have the HP pavilion dv6 windows 7 (x64bit)  and i am having problems that when i push the wirless button , all the combo (bluetooth and other stuff become enabled but the wireless part dont) .... plz how can i solve this problem

HP Recommended

Had the same problem with a friends dv6000..  I tried loading win 7 on another hard drive and couldnt get it to work eather. So,I backed upi his pics and emails, restored the original software (from the HP restore partition on the hard drive by pushing F11) and it worked until I restarted it after removing Norton. Don't know whats up..

HP Recommended

my HP labtop wireless system lite is red and the wireless does not working . the lighting does not accept any command 

i want to know what the problem is and how can i fix it 

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.