05-25-2011 04:15 PM
I wonder if anyone can help, I have just brought a HP ProBook 6550b and purchased a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 Wireless card, when I install this and boot my laptop up I get a System Halt message saying to remove the wireless card!!!
But when looking at the quick specs its lists as being a card which I can install?
Any ideas why this doesnt want to work!!
05-25-2011 06:14 PM - edited 05-25-2011 06:17 PM
If you didn't get the card with the HP part number on it, that is your problem. The card MUST be made for a HP computer, no exceptions.
If you live in the USA, the card needs to have this part number on it: 518434-001
Please read the service manual, Chapter 3 for other countries the above part number works for. Most everywhere else uses 518434-002
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)