09-07-2011 10:47 PM
Hp Pavilion g6-1b60us>> charcole gray, 4ram , 500 gb
64 bit , windows 7
wifi light is orange , I can't get it to be blue>>> I went to device manager says everything is running properly and went to HP mobility , but nothing there is the wifi button off and it does not give me an option to turn it on!!! please help
let me know if i'm missing a driver and tell me which one and site so I can download!! or if there's another way to turn it ON!!! please I really need help ASAP!!!!
09-08-2011 03:33 AM
Are you connected to internet via wireless on this Notebook ?
You need to press either F12/ FN + F12 to turn ON/OFF the wireless on the Notebook. if the keys are not functioning install HP Quick Launch Software from here
I am an HP employee!!
01-24-2013 01:57 PM
Have you tried downloading and installing the most recent version of the BIOS for your notebook?
Here is a link to the most recent version available: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa
01-24-2013 04:49 PM
I had the same problem - the WiFi Driver update dated 25/09/12 caused the problem in my case.
Right click on 'Computer' select 'Advanced' and open Device manager. Locate the WiFi Adapter and choose the 'Roll back driver option' to restore the previous driver - worked for me.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)