06-12-2013 10:04 PM
I originally set up my HP 5520 printer with a wireless connection to my HP Envy 23 with windows 8. It printed and scanned fine. Today I turned on the system and tried to print an email and I get the message that the local print spooler is not running. I have gone into the system to verify this. It is enabled but not running. How do I start the spooler up? I used the print and scan utility and the printer will scan.
06-12-2013 11:51 PM
Can you see the Spooler in Sercices tab under Task Manager ? Is it running ? If not, just right click and Start it. Please watch the following video which shows you how to get it up with Windows:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
06-13-2013 12:14 AM
Hi, I attempted to the video and followed the instructions. The result was that when I got to the part about restart, the restart was grayed out and the only thing that worked was the start button. The result was a message that said "Windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1068. The dependency service or group failed to start."
I also tried to stop the print spooler but no reaction. I checked the local dependency group and the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) was running but I could not find the HTTP Service.
09-16-2013 01:26 PM
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)