Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I've newly purchased this ProBook 4540s.I've been trying to figure how to active my bluetooth.I've tried several drivers but ended up with nothing.So all I need is a step by step instruction to active my bluetooth.

*Using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

*Tried this drivers so far

1. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=za&prodTypeId=32...

This installation end with a error message saying bluetooth device is not plugged in.

I would be greateful if someone can give me a step by step instruction to install bluetooth driver.

Thanks for your reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry to bother you,there's built in bluetooth on my laptop.Ralink Bluetooth Software Driver seems to be working perfectly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on the following link, your machine may or may not have Bluetooth device:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5229455

Please use Device Manager to scheck under Networks to see which Wifi card is in your machine.

• HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband
  • HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mobile Broadband
  • Ralink 802.11b/g/n (1x1)
  • Atheros 802.11b/g/n (1x1)
  • Atheros 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
  • Ralink 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth Combo
  • Atheros 802.11b/g/n (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
  • Intel 802.11b/g/n (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
  • Intel 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) with Bluetooth 4.0 Combo

You can see the first few crads do NOT have BT device.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

bluetooth.png

I'm not so sure,but does it proove it that there's a built in Bluetooth device?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't see the image (it needs to be approved from Admin). What is the name of the Wifi card in Device Manager ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
I'm sorry can you tell me how can I check the name of the Wifi card?
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is from my machine:

wifi.png

Can you see ANY name that matches the above list (in my previous reply, not in this image).

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
No.
Mine's is' Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter'
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check #3 on my first reply. Sorry, your machine does not have Bluetooth. If you wish to use BT, an USB BT dongle can do the job:

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/bluetooth-usb-dongle.html

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Open the support Assistant. Your notebook has the same version as my HP Loaner Envy17-3002ea. It should show whether or not  a Bluetooth device is installed. You can use it to install the driver if the device is present but does not have a driver installed.

Click on About to update the installed version if yours is not the same as the one in the  images.

aboutHPSA.PNG

HPSA.PNG

HPSA1.PNG

HPSA2.PNG

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry to bother you,there's built in bluetooth on my laptop.Ralink Bluetooth Software Driver seems to be working perfectly.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.