09-29-2012 03:52 PM
i am plagued by two or three supposedly free virus scan softwares. the problems started with Activeris Fast Again PC Booster. I am on Windows 7 64 bit, Pavillion g6. Every time I boot it just interrupts what I,m doing to scan. I do not want to pay for this software for the privilege of cleaning up my drive. I want to go back to McAfee and remove this Fast Again malware and any other freeware responsible for scanning. By the way, Activeris claims it's a Microsoft certified partner and I have no way of communicating with them, except to register and give my credit card number. What do I do?
09-29-2012 04:09 PM
I would never pay for something like that. It is probably a scam and they will just take your $$$ and you still have the malware.
My recommendation is to use the free Kaspersky Rescure CD, download and burn the file as an ISO file so it is bootable, boot from it and the program will scan and remove most viruses and malware without you even having to be in Windows.
Use the graphic interface which I find is the easiest method to navigate around in the program. It is pretty easy to use and very effective.
Download link and instructions for use are below.
09-01-2013 06:54 PM
I too am fed up with the invasion of "Fast Again" on my computer. It is unsolicited, unwelcome and I desperately want to remove and block it and other such invasive programs.
09-16-2013 02:33 PM
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)