10-31-2013 10:51 PM
When i copy a file from my computer and try to paste in pendrive, a dialog box opens and says "You need permission to perform this action". I am using my personal laptop and I am opening via administrator account then I still need permission. Why? I clicked on try again, tried to take ownership but same problem. Please solve this problem. How can i again paste files in pendrive?
P.S. I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER ACCOUNT IN COMPUTER AND THIS THING HAPPENS ONLY IN PENDRIVE. I HAVE TRIED OTHER PENDRIVES ALSO
11-05-2013 04:54 PM
Hi HpRik. Have you tried reformatting the thumb drive? Does it happen with other thumb drives?
I searched for answers using the title of your error "Destination Folder Access Denied".
I have found a Microsoft post regarding this issue with a possible USB fix, and a registry fix.
Unable to Write/Delete data on External USB disk in Windows 7:
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)