Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n245ee notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i need the driver for my Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN for my pavilion 15-n245ee notebook, after formating my operating system Win 7 64 bit, the ethernet port in not working, and its icon in the network and internet window, maybe after defining the lan port i can connect to the internet to finish the other needed drivers, and thans in advance.

best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth and the wireless card your notebook has confirms that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-n200-Notebook-PC-series/6529948/model/6831472/doc...

The RTL8188EE wireless card is a single band, non-bluetooth card.

If your notebook came with bluetooth, it would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n (1x1) wireless connectivity specification.

Touchpad driver...

This package provides the driver that enables the SynapticsTouchPad in supported notebook models that are running a supportedoperating system. This package provides the driver that enables theSynaptics TouchPad in supported notebook models that are running asupported operating system. The driver enables general touchpadfunctionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides auser interface.

File name: sp65086.exe

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this ethernet driver...

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driverthat enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip insupported notebook models that are running a supported operatingsystem.

File name: sp65083.exe

HP Recommended

thanks for the driver, but still not working, is it possible that there is some other drivers should be installed first, in the device manager is still have the below not defined properlly:

1- 3D video controller

2- network controller

3- PCI simple communications controller

4- univeral serial bus (USB) controller

5- unknown device

best regards, and thanks in advance

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It could be, but I don't see that you posted a missing smbus controller device which can cause the ethernet adapter to not show up.

See if these drivers work for the missing devices.  I will need more info from you regarding the network controller because there is no info online regarding what model wireless network adapter your notebook has.

First install the intel chipset installation utility and reboot.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility andDriver for supported notebook models and operating systems. Thisutility enables the operating system to show the correct name forthe installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows DeviceManager.

File name: sp64988.exe

Then install the Intel HD graphics driver and reboot.

This package provides the driver that enables the IntelHigh-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. If high-definition multimediainterface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package alsoinstalls the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp64989.exe

The install the nvidia HD graphics driver and reboot (3D Video Controller).

This package contains the driver that enables the NVIDIA Graphicsin supported notebook models that are running a supported operatingsystem.

File name: sp66512.exe

PCI simple communications controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI)Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. TheIntel Management Engine Interface enables communication between thehost operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

File name: sp66636.exe

univeral serial bus (USB) controller:

This package provides the Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver forthe supported notebook models and operating systems. The driverenables USB 3.0 devices.

File name: sp65167.exe

unknown device:  Probably needs this driver...

This package provides HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

File name: sp71811.exe

OK, for the network controller, please post the hardware ID for it as follows...

Click on the network controller device in the device manager, then click on the Details tab at the top of the network controller device window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

thanks alot for the great tips, all the drivers were properly defined, only the network controller remained, and as you requested the top string is :

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&SUBSYS_197D103C&REV_01.

really can't thank you enough for your great efforts, and appreciate your help.

Best regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need this driver for that model wlan card...

This package contains the driver installation package for theRealtek RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebookmodels running a supported operating system.

File name: sp65183.exe

HP Recommended

they are working perfectly, thanks a lot, is there a driver for the Bluetooth device knowing that there are no more undefined items in the device manager list, and if there is a driver for the touch pad that make the scroll available in the right side of it, i will be thankful for you to provide me with.

Many thanks you 've been helpful so much.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth and the wireless card your notebook has confirms that.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-n200-Notebook-PC-series/6529948/model/6831472/doc...

The RTL8188EE wireless card is a single band, non-bluetooth card.

If your notebook came with bluetooth, it would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n (1x1) wireless connectivity specification.

Touchpad driver...

This package provides the driver that enables the SynapticsTouchPad in supported notebook models that are running a supportedoperating system. This package provides the driver that enables theSynaptics TouchPad in supported notebook models that are running asupported operating system. The driver enables general touchpadfunctionality (for example double-tap and scroll) and provides auser interface.

File name: sp65086.exe

HP Recommended

thanks for your great efforts, you ve solved all the issues in my PC, cant thank you enough, my wishes to you o get the highest levels in your work, and always stay in the top of it

best regards

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.