Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope this isn't a disaster in the making.  I recently got this laptop, and have tried to keep everything up to date.  
I noticed that it said to install two updates - one succeeded, one failed.  
The update that failed is titled "Intel WLAN  Driver for Windows 10".  I have tried to install this update several times now without any success.  

Does anyone have any advice on this subject?

Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please try installing this HP provided driver... sp74902.exe (Intel Wireless LAN Driver)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number.

hp label.png

Without knowing the exact model, it is hard to assist you.

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

Thanks

Here's my info - 

Product Number: N1R86UA#ABA
Model Number:13-4105dx

- mr19orwell84

HP Recommended

Please try installing this HP provided driver... sp74902.exe (Intel Wireless LAN Driver)

Frank

HP Recommended

Thank you very much - it installed successfully

HP Recommended

Congratulations, lucky you did not let HP support "help You" remotely. My problem is still not solved since June 14th, And HP Support obviously doesn t care. Escalation process doesn t solve the error caused by HP support.

Enjoy your product. I wish I could say the same.

Ivan

Ivan - dare to call me HP Support
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link. It installed fine and all seems good! 

Can't see the button to accept as solution, though... 

HP Recommended

Hello I have a problem with my computer and I was hoping you could help me solve the problem. 

Product Name: HP Envy x360 Convertable15.bp0xx laptop.

Product number: 1UG59UA#ABL

Operating System: Windows 10,  64 bit. 

I can connect to the internet through wifi, download drivers and updates but I when I open a web browser (chrome, firefox or internet explorer) I cannot seem to get access to the internet. Sometimes it works but very slowly. All other devices in my home work great. My other laptop, phones etc so it is not the router or provider.

I have downloaded and installed and ran Malwarebytes, ccleaner, and superantispyware. I also updated and ran windows defender and updates. Non of this helped. I then unistalled these programs and disabled windows defender without any improvement. I reset the IP address and winsock catalogue without any improvement. I also updated the adapter driver. 

The last thing I have tried now is to update 'Intel WLAN for Microsoft Windows 10' but it downloads and fails to install. I have tried 3 times without success. 

Any help would be great. 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Hi Crazy Jane,

maybe ask microsoft support to help You. For sure You can get there better support than HP. And do not let anyone from HP "repair"remotely Your laptop - my advise. They have disabled my laptop for more than 5 months with no excuse - none of the drivers were working after their "help". I spent hours on the phone to solve it, no success. 

So don´t ask HP - they have no idea...

BR

I.

HP Recommended

Or just maybe press windows button write cmd - that will lead You to command prompt and do following:

type

ipconfig /all  - that command will show You IP addresses of your LAN and WLAN then 

type

ipconfig /release - that command will disconnect Your network cards (adapters) then

type

ipconfig /renew - that command will renew your IP addresses, you will receive it from Your router

This is what I do when my WLAN card doesn´t work.

other thing that comes to my mind is just go to your network settings and check if You have your DHCP enabled (automatically DHCP and no fix DNS)

Maybe check also Your router if there is specific channel set - it is important because in Europe we use 13 channels and in US are just 11 - so it means when Your router switches to channel 12 or 13 Your WLAN will not follow.

Well at least once upon a time it worked this way.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING PLEASE FORGET HP support REMOTE HELP. 

Ivan 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.