01-01-2012 11:01 PM
Okay, so my WiFi adapter has been working just fine until today, when I accidentally uninstalled the Intel PROset/wireless tools program, but I restored my laptop and the program came back. Well, after this happened, I am no longer able to connect via WiFi. It shows me the list of available networks to connect to, and it let's me click "connect" and then it says it's connecting, but then goes back to showing available networks. I've Googled a lot this evening, spent around 5 hours trying to find an answer and can't find a thing. I figure something is missing in the file which would cause it not to connect, but I can't find a fix.
My wireless network connection is an Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN. (If any other information is needed, I can provide it)
The wireless network connection has 'Attempting to authenticate' under it, but never changes. When I try to trouble shoot the problem, it comes up with 'Problem with wireless adapter or access point.'
I've tried downloading drivers from HP but with no luck.
If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated! I'd rather not have to pay for someone to look at my laptop.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)