Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
When you say "hit return" is it hit enter?
HP Recommended

@lromero Yes that's correct. Return = Enter. 

Are you having an issue with your internet connection?

HP Recommended

I use Windows 8.Firefox was not opening any sites , while IE was working perfectly.

I implemented the above solution and it fixed the issue instantly.

Kudos to you !!

HP Recommended

thank you so much, this has been a problem with my mini for a two months, fortunately it was not my main laptop kept trying to fix it, was at the stage where I was going to bin it and buy another Samsung. It's now working great, Many Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as the poster for this thread. A couple days ago my  web browsers stopped working.

I was watching a live stream on TwitchTv (I watched through my Firefox browser) and Firefox had been pestering me with notifications to upgrade to version 27.0.1. After I concluded watching on Twitch I finally gave in and upgraded FireFox. It prompted me that the change would be in effect after a restart I shutdown my computer (and turned back on) instead of restarting it. When I tried to use Firefox, it wouldn't let me and said the quote below.

Both Firefox and IE say the same thing:

Unable to connect:

-The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy, try again in a few moments.

-If you are unable to load any pages, please check your computer's network connection.

-If your computer is or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

I'm running Vista and I use FireFox.  I also have Internet Explorer and Google Chrome but neither of them will load any web page when i go to them.  I know my connection is working because I can use any other program that requires internet. I tried system restore, but for some reason the computer said it failed.

I've checked all the connections and cables, rebooted my router and modem, ran Malwarebytes and AVG 2012 with updated content and I've tried a system restore but nothing has helped. I also followed your steps:

Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  Enter the command listed below seperately and hit return after each one.

ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int reset resetlog.txt

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

(But netsh int reset resetlog.txt and netsh int ip reset did not work) Anyone have any idea whats wrong or how I can fix this?

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! My HP touchsmart was doing the same thing -- could connect to the internet but it wouldn't load the browser or any other web pages. Would load the Xbox games but would get hung up and I couldn't play any of them.  Your steps fixed it for me! Much appreciated.

HP Recommended
Awesome fix!😊
HP Recommended

This worked, thanks!!!  I had spent many hours trying to figure out what was wrong - this was a lifesaver!!!!

HP Recommended
I had the same problem for 3 days searched the internet for hrs in my phone youtube videos and all thank god I saw this I followed ur instructions and it worked thank u very much
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem (browsers won't open  in Win 7 Home Premium - IE, Firefox, Chrome).

Other programs such as Skype and P2P work.

The browers do open in Safe Mode.

I have run 2 antivirus prorams, Malwarebyes, Ccleaner, SlimCleaner, Zhpcleaner

Also, Antivirus programs and Malwarebytes manage to update their databases.

I have executed the suggested commands in CMD (admin) mode:

1)  ipconfig /flushdns      ---> OK

2)  nbtstat -R                   ----> OK

3)  nbtstat -RR                 ----> OK

4)  Netsh int reset resetlog.txt    ----> Failed

The following command was no found: reset resetlog.txt

5)  netsh int ip reset     ----> OK

6)  netsh winsock reset  ----> OK

Also:  sfc /scannow

Restarted - still no response from browsers.

Do you have any further suggestions?

I am at my wit's end.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.