06-15-2011 11:23 AM
06-15-2011 11:38 AM
Shutdown the notebook. Tap away at f8 as youstart up to access Windows Recovery Console. Use the arrow keys to select 'Safe Mode with Networking' and hit enter. Let windows fully load in this mode and see if you can now access the internet - only choose a known 'safe site' such a Microsoft or HP as your security software will not be running while in this mode. To exit Safe Mode, simply restart the notebook in the usual way and Windows will start normally.
Does the notebook still hang when connecting to the internet in this mode?
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
06-30-2011 05:16 AM
i could not use internet on safe mode with networking because i not have a wired connection or a lan connection.
i use internet with my mobile as a modem or use a universal modem with a gsm sim card. and i caant use the software to connect to net without using the software in safe mode. what do i do now?
and now my laptop hans and freezes on blue screen of death on connecting to net?
pls help. thanks
07-10-2012 07:02 AM
HP G62-a25 laptop running Windows 7. Laptop is about one year old. It was working fine until about a month ago, when it started hanging as soon as it connected to the internet. I uninstalled the wireless driver and reinstalled the latest Broadcom 802.11 driver. I re-installed the Netgear router drivers from the ISP. After the reinstallation with the ethernet cable, the laptop connected fine to the internet until it was restarted. Then it refused to connect again. Wireless does not work at all at this stage.
I followed the advice below to reboot and selected safe mode with networking startup. It worked with both wireless as well as the ethernet cable.
I would really appreciate any suggestions as I have no idea what to do next.
07-03-2013 04:02 AM
So anyone please find m the solution for this
10-26-2015 08:52 AM
I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.
It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)