09-06-2013 06:36 PM
My son's laptop will not sign online, keeps saying something about unable to conect to the proxy server. Can someone help me in what I need to do to get the computer to sign online? Thnk you, frustrated...
09-10-2013 01:38 PM
What is the exact error message you're receiving?
What is the product number of the notebook?
What version of Windows?
I'll keep an eye out for your reply. Have a great day.
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
09-10-2013 01:51 PM
I'd suggest that you look into the Newtork settings of your Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) and see if any pre-populated Proxy server or an autoconfiguration script is defined (if he's connecting to the Internet from Home only, there is no reason why a Proxy server would be set. If he's also using his laptop to connect to a University/Company network, then it's a different story ).
- On Google Chrome : "Settings" drop-down menu> "Network" -> "Change proxy settings" -> "LAN Settings"
- On Internet Explorer : "Tools" menu > "Internet Options" -> "Connection" tab -> "LAN Settings" (same window as in Google Chrome)
- On Firefox : "Options" menu > "Network" > Connection > "Settings"
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)