08-12-2013 02:39 PM
About 10 days ago I bought the HP Envy m6-k088 ca Sleekbook with an intel CORE i5 processor. My problem is that every 20-30 mins I lose the internet connection (it goes to "Limited"). I have contacted HP by chat several times where I was told to reinstall the Wireless Driver, uncheck "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power", and reset IP address. Unfortunately none of those things whorked. My current Wireless Adapter is Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless N-2230. It would be awesome if I can get some help with this issue.
08-14-2013 09:54 AM
I see that you are having problems with the wireless internet on your HP computer. I have some suggestions that may help with this issue.
Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for wireless issues. The steps for updating the drivers for the wireless adapter, BIOS, and router firmware may help with your problem.
08-16-2013 10:36 AM
Thanks! I went through the steps but the problem was not solved. Although, I just realized that there is no problem when I use a different Wi-Fi network, so maybe the problem is with the modem I have (Motorola SBV5222) or the router for the wireless connection (Linksys WRT54GS). Is there a way to see if they are compatible with Windows 8, and fix them in case they don't?
08-19-2013 09:03 AM
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)