10-17-2012 12:35 PM
I've been losing my internet connection each time I have to restart my computer. I thought it was the ethernet connection so recently went to a Netgear wireless connection. At first I could recover the connection after restarting 4 or 5 times but now the only way to recover my internet connection is by doing a system restore. The wireless device shows a strong signal but the computer isn't picking it up. My computer is the p6610f series with Windows 7. Is there a fix for this problem?
10-25-2012 01:30 PM
It sounds like there is a software issue that is causing this.
After the system restore is performed, do you notice any Windows Updates being performed?
What exactly is the behavior of Internet not working?
Do you receive any error messages? If so, what are they?
What web browser are you using?
What is the full model name of the notebook? You should be able to find this by pressing the Fn + Esc keys at the same time.
11-11-2012 10:04 AM
I thought the Windows Updates may have been causing the problem so I turned off automatic updates. Still losing internet. The wireless is showing a strong signal but the computer is showing no internet access. I've tried disabling the connection and enabling it again, still nothing and no error messages at all. My computer is a desktop HP Pavilion P6610F with Windows 7.
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs – Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow After Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 8)